Thursday 5 March 2015

I love blank walls



I don’t think there is anything more exciting than a plain wall in a house. I am a fan of minimalism, but, this is not the reason. I love a plain wall for the opportunity it poses. A blank wall is an opportunity to find an amazing print or design to hang, a chance bring to life this once blank space.

The first challenge is the designs themselves. Yes, you can just buy them, but I think you can totally do them yourself. Find a piece of gorgeous wrapping paper or make a simple print and simply frame it.

The alphabet print (below) is a classic example. I bought some as wrapper paper for £2.50 from Waterstones. Recently, I was browsing a well known selling site (I’ll give you a clue, it rhymes with betsy!) Anyway, on the site I found the same ABC wrapping paper in a frame selling for £35.00 a piece! Cheeky!

So, the next time you see a plain wall in your house, grab some wall paper, a pice of wrapping paper or just your imagination and frame it. You can even bring to life an old frame with a splash of paint if you want (I normally just get a tester pot). Wall-ah! Blank wall no more.





Bedroom print. Wrapping paper






Bath room print (wrapping paper)





Henny and Rose's bedroom.




If you don’t fancy making your own. Then here are a couple I love from

Yellow Bungalow
Yellow Bungalow



A couple of other sites you should check out. 


bespoke designs @ katiewatts@hotmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment